Home › Technology › Chromebook Agreement and Protection Plan
Chromebook Agreement and Protection Plan
The following information was provided to parents and guardians of all 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade students within the digital forms sent home during the summer months. This information is updated annually.
The district will be issuing all 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade students a Chromebook for the 2016-2017 academic year. The district believes that this Chromebook will be an important part of your child's education and allow for enhanced collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, and communication. This Chromebook is to be used for educational purposes only.
When using the Chromebook at home, at school, and anywhere else, it is expected that the student will follow the policies of the District including the Warren Township Schools Acceptable Use Policy for students and abide by all local, state, and federal laws.
In order to take your Chromebook home each day, students and parents are required to accept the following responsibilities:
- I will treat the Chromebook with care and not deface or add stickers, etc. on this unit.
- I understand that the Chromebook is my responsibility and will stay in my possession at all times and will be brought to school every day.
- I will not release personal information to strangers when using the Chromebook.
- I will keep all accounts and passwords assigned to me secure and will not share these with any other students.
- I will recharge the Chromebook battery each night.
- I will return the Chromebook when requested and upon my withdrawal or graduation from the District.
- I will leave the Chromebook in its protective case provided by the District when not in use.
- I understand that I am responsible for any physical damage to the Chromebook.
- I understand that when the Chromebook is being used at home or in any location, the district has included a web-filter.
Warren Township School District is assessing an annual $10.00 fee to protect the Chromebook against the following:
- Accidental damage (drops/spills)
- Natural Disasters
- Power Surges
This Chromebook insurance will provide replacement or repair cost coverage for the first incident of damage or loss. Please note the subsequent damage or loss will be the financial responsibility of the student's guardian. This responsibility includes the full replacement cost of the Chromebook if necessary.
Warren BOE Policy 6142.10 - School Furnished Electronic Devices
The district may furnish students electronic devices such as laptop computers, tablets, notebooks, cellular telephones, or other electronic devices. When a student is furnished with an electronic device the district shall provide the student with written or electronic notification that the electronic device may record or collect information on the student's activity or the student's use of the device if the electronic device is equipped with a camera, global positioning system, or other feature capable of recording or collecting information on the student's activity or use of the device. The notification shall also include a statement that the district shall not use any of the capabilities in a manner that would violate the privacy rights of the student, or any individual residing with the student. The parent or guardian of the student furnished an electronic device shall acknowledge receipt of the notification. The district shall retain the acknowledgement as long as the student retains the use of the electronic device.