Chromebook Agreement and Protection Plan
The following information was provided to parents and guardians of all 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade students within the digital forms sent home during the summer months. This information is updated annually.
The district will be issuing all 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students a Chromebook for the 2018-2019 academic year. The district believes that this Chromebook will be an important part of your child’s education and allow for enhanced collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, and communication. This Chromebook is to be used for educational purposes only.
When using the Chromebook at home, at school, and anywhere else, it is expected that the student will follow the policies of the District including the Warren Township Schools Acceptable Use Policy for students and abide by all local, state, and federal laws.
In order to take the Chromebook home each day, students and parents are required to accept the following responsibilities:
- I will treat the Chromebook with care and not deface or add stickers, etc. on this unit.
- I understand that the Chromebook is my responsibility, will stay in my possession at all times, and will be brought to school every day.
- I will not release personal information to strangers when using the Chromebook.
- I will keep all accounts and passwords assigned to me secure and will not share these with any other students.
- I will recharge the Chromebook battery each night.
- I will return the Chromebook when requested and upon my withdrawal/graduation from the District.
- I will leave the Chromebook in its protective case provided by the District when not in use.
- I understand that I am responsible for any physical damage to the Chromebook.
- I understand that when the Chromebook is being used at home or in any location, the district employs a web filter.
- I understand that the district web filter creates key word alerts that are monitored by designated district personnel during school hours.
The Warren Township School District is assessing an optional annual $15.00 fee to protect the Chromebook against the following:
- Accidental damage (drops/spills)
- Natural Disasters
- Power surges
Chromebook insurance will provide replacement or repair cost coverage for the first incident of accidental damage or loss.
Please note that subsequent damage/loss, or initial damage deemed intentional, may result in the student/guardian being responsible for the full replacement cost of the Chromebook.
Warren Township BOE Policy 7523 - School District Provided Technology Devices to Students
“The school district will provide the student and parent with written or electronic notification that the technology device provided by the school district may record or collect information on the student’s activity or the student’s use of the technology device if the device is equipped with a camera, global positioning system, or other feature capable of recording or collecting information on the student’s activity or use of the device. This notification shall also include a statement that the school district shall not use any of the capabilities in a manner that would violate the privacy rights of the student or any individual residing with the student. The parent shall be required to acknowledge receipt of this notification and the parent acknowledgement shall be retained by the Principal or designee for as long as the student retains the use of the school district provided technology device. The parent acknowledgement and a signed School District Provided Technology Device Form shall be required before the issuance of a technology device to a student.”