All Warren Township Schools
The following items shall not be served, sold or given out as free promotion anywhere on school property at anytime before the end of the school day:
A. Foods of minimal nutritional value (FMNV) as defined by the United States Department of Agriculture (soda water, water ices, chewing gum, hard candy, jellies and gums, marshmallow candies, licorice, spun candy and candy coated popcorn).
1. Provide an ingredient list on all food for the classroom.
2. Bring all food to the Main Office by 10 a.m. The school nurse will check food for those classrooms with students having food allergies (except school wide celebrations) prior to it going to the classroom.
3. For individual celebrations (Student of the Week) please arrange ahead of time with teacher PRIOR to sending in food for class room. Check with teacher for food allergies in the class room.
4. No food containing peanut or peanut products may be served in the classroom. Please do not send in Dunkin Donuts, as they are an allergy concern and are not included in the Approved District Wide Food List (see below).
5. Moderation is the key. Please provide a small, serving size of food for student of the week celebrations. Beverages are not necessary.
Please refer to the following list when selecting foods for all classroom celebrations. *****IMPORTANT - This list DOES NOT apply to individual students' snacks during class time. My only request is that NO nuts or peanuts be eaten in the classroom, but rather save those foods for the lunch room.
As of September 2013 the district requests that each classroom participate in no more than 5 celebrations/year (Halloween, Winter, Spring,etc).
Approved Foods for School Wide/ Classroom Celebrations and Parties
Homemade items made from scratch (NO SPRINKLES, COLORED SUGARS, GEL, OR ANY TYPE OF
DECORATION ALLOWED) are welcomed as long as they are limited to cookies, brownies, cupcakes, muffins or rice
krispie treats. Please avoid nut ingredients in baking . If using a boxed baking product, only the brands listed below are
permitted ( NO SPRINKLES, COLORED SUGARS, GEL, OR ANY TYPE OF DECORATION ALLOWED).
Boxes and containers of ALL ingredients must be brought in along with food.
Cake Mix, Brownie Mix, Muffin Mix and Frosting:
Pillsbury (EXCEPT the refrigerated premade batter i.e. slice and bake)
Regular size Shop Rite Brand cupcakes (not the mini Shop Rite Brand cupcakes)
NO COOKIE CAKES ALLOWED
Entenmann's Little Bites
Bites and small donuts: glazed, chocolate, powdered
NO DUNKIN DONUTS ALLOWED
Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip
Oreos (regular, golden, or minis)
Hershey chocolate chips (NOT Tollhouse or Ghirardelli)
Barnum Animal Crackers
Fresh Fruit & Vegetables (cucumber, carrots, celery,grape tomatoes etc)
Pudding Snacks (Jello brand)
Ice Pops, Philly Swirls (gluten, nut, dairy free)
Skinny Pop & Smart Pop Popcorn
Parents of students with food allergies or food intolerance may bring in a separate supply of snacks for their child as needed for classroom celebrations. ***Please continue to check ingredients on all labels as they are subject to change. Include all ingredient lists with food whether store bought or homemade. Foods should be brought to Main Office by 10 a.m.